Introducing the Coalition Venture Studio
An ongoing initiative designed to support Black founders with expertise, resources, funding, connections, and education.
Despite research consistently showing that more diverse startup teams outperform less diverse teams, in 2019 only 1% of venture capital was allocated to Black entrepreneurs, with a fraction of that capital deployed to Black female entrepreneurs.
We believe that in order to begin to level the playing field, support long-term success by underrepresented entrepreneurs, and address the wealth gap, like-minded organizations and individuals must work together -- hence “Coalition.”
So, R/GA Ventures is partnering with startup ecosystem players including VCs, CVCs, corporations, brands, and other organizations to build a robust support system for Black founders.
Activate and apply R/GA’s strategy, technology, and design resources to support Black entrepreneurs
Leverage R/GA’s global client network to connect founders to potential customers, investors, advisors, and partners
Partner with industry leaders and investors who will provide business development opportunities, financial capital, and mentorship
Develop tangible outputs and deliverables that drive business outcomes and enable sustained success
Powered by R/GA Ventures
At R/GA Ventures, our mission is to work with startups and corporate partners to create a more human future.
We help corporate partners identify and capitalize on disruptive technologies and emerging behaviors, while supporting startups with financial, creative, and relationship capital to drive growth and returns.
We believe that R/GA Ventures can best contribute to a more equitable startup ecosystem by providing Black startup founders with access to our venture capital, our creative capital, and our network of corporate partners and clients.
A long-time collaborator of R/GA Ventures from his work as the Co-Founder and President of ShotTracker, Davyeon will join the Coalition Venture Studio as the Entrepreneur-in-Residence.
As a portfolio company founder, Davyeon experienced firsthand R/GA's unique approach to innovation and startup investing, with a structure and process to identify and work with the best startups across any vertical, globally.
Advisors + Mentors
- Julie AndrewsVP, Executive Production Director,
- Nick CorongesGlobal Chief Technology Officer,
- Ita EkpodumPartner,
- Lucien EtoriExecutive Strategy Director,
- Heide GardnerChief Diversity & Inclusion Officer,
- Kelly HarrisonVP, Marketing & Communications,
- Tucker KainPresident,
LA Dodgers Business Enterprise
- Phil KimChief Executive Officer,
Michelson Impact Ventures
- Philippe KrakowskyChief Executive Officer,
- Sean LyonsChief Executive Officer,
- Tahira McGheeGroup Director, Media Management,
- Stephen PlumleeVice Chairman, R/GA,
Managing Partner, R/GA Ventures
- Linnea RobertsFounder & Chief Executive Officer,
- Jai TedeschiVP, Global Executive Director, Culture & Operations,
- Cole Van NiceCo-Founder & Managing Partner,
Elysian Park Ventures
- Shannon WashingtonGroup Executive Creative Director,